Waukee Community School District issued the following announcement on April 21.
Internet Options for FamiliesWe have been researching options for staff and families to acquire or enhance their internet needs during our school closure to continue their learning online at home. There are several options our team has found and we wanted to share that information with you.
- Three months free, and free installation
- Mi-Fiber Website
- Please mention Waukee Schools to customer service or when you go online to get the promotion.
- Service areas: Waukee, portions of Ankeny, Bondurant, Polk City, Altoona, West Des Moines, Pleasant Hill, and Urbandale
- As low as $9.95 per month and free installation
- Service areas: a large portion of our school district
- Suspended data usage limits
- Only standalone internet can be ordered online. Video, voice, and bundles must be ordered by contacting CenturyLink.
- Field techs only working orders directly related to keeping customers connected via the internet or telephone
- Offering K-12 schools, colleges, universities, libraries, and state and local government agencies increased broadband speeds for free for 60 days at existing service locations with qualifying facilities.
- Additional information: https://news.centurylink.com/covid-19
- If Mi-Fiber and Mediacom aren’t options, use Everyoneon.org to find internet access options for your family.
- We wanted to share these options with you if you should need them. Please reach out directly to the company above if you have questions.
Original source can be found here.